Friday, February 29, 2008

The Joys of Dr. Seuss

P and I were laying in his bed reading bed time stories tonight, my favorite time of the day. We were reading Dr. Seuss, and as I was sharing this peaceful time with my little man I was over come with joy to be his mom. He is growing up so fast, and I have to remind myself that this won't last forever and to cherish every moment, even the crazy ones. Some of my favorite memories as a child were my parents reading to me every night before bed, I want the same thing for my children. I picked out some of my favorite Dr. Seuss quotes to share with you, it is his birthday next week and in honor of the man that built up children's self esteems and encouraged everyone to read and learn, we will be reading at least one of his books everyday.

"you know you are in love when you can't sleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." — Dr. Seuss

"How did it get so late so soon?" — Dr. Seuss
(Brittney this is dedicated to you, miss you!!!)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." — Dr. Seuss

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" — Dr. Seuss

"People are people, no matter how small." — Dr. Seuss

4 comments:

rachel said...

I saw that B.Dalton at Gateway Mall is hosting a Meet Dr. Suess function tomorrow. I can't remember the times... call and take your kids!
Those quotes are great.

Anonymous said...

Those are great quotes! I'm glad you wrote of the right perspective regarding relishing the bedtime stories. I usually rush through this part--so anxious for the kids to get to bed. It was good to be reminded of the limited time we have with these little people. Miss you, too!

Julee and Matt said...

Dr. Suess is the best! And I love reading to Madyson at bedtime. It's hard to think they won't be little forever.

Paula said...

I LOVE Dr. Suess!!! He's my fav!!!