Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saying Goodbye

Saying goodbye has not been easy- My Grandpa passed away last week and it has been very hard to come to terms with our loss. Each day gets a little better and the hurt turns into more of an ache. The tears still sneak up on me and it is harder than but really we are doing well. I feel very blessed to have had such a wonderful Grandpa. His love was constant and I will always be his "favorite blond haired blue eyed grand daughter" I am so thankful that my children got to know him. I have been reflecting on all of my memories and don't have a single bad one, he always brought me joy. A huge part of why I have this blog is for him and my Grandma so they can see their great grand babies. One of the last things he told me was how much he loved it and what a treat it was for him. As a little tribute I have posted some pictures of "my" Grandpa below. He will always be loved and I miss him so very much.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. (Big Hug)

Tim and Lisa said...

We are sorry for your loss. We love the pictures they are great! It is wonderful to see how close you were with him.

Julee and Matt said...

I totally understand, I still remember when my grandpa passed away and I was only 10. Hugs for you and just remember to keep all the happy memories so close.

Paula said...

I'm so sorry for you loss!! It's so wonderful that your kids got to know him and that you have so many wonderful pictures and memories to look back on. Love you so much!

rachel said...

Oh my sweet Kissen.

I know how much he meant to you and how hard this has been. You are so dang strong, though, and continually impress me.

Call me anytime for a shoulder. You know I'm here for you.

I love you. ♥

Renee said...

Your Grandpa sounds like he was a very special man who sure did love you and your kids. This hits home to me since, I just had my grandmother here for a visit, who I don't get to spend much time with normally. I am glad you were able to spend so much time with him. I am sorry for your loss.