Yesterday we had an outstanding day. The sun was shining, but it was very windy, that didn't keep us from going to the park. My dear friend Julee was is town so she met us there and stayed for a little while. It was so wonderful seeing her and her darling girls. A couple other friends met us there too, so we played at the park for 3 1/2 hours, and had a picnic lunch, it was fantastic. We came home and "Busy" took a long nap, during that time "P" and I played a game, I took a shower and got to have a much needed chit chat with my wonderful friend Brittany. I really never need to go to therapy as long as I have her and a Pepsi : )
"P" and I made an April Fools dinner so we could play a trick on daddy. We made cupcakes for dinner (really meatloaf with mashed potatoes) and spaghetti with meatballs for dessert, (really angel food cake, frosting, strawberry ice cream topping and malt balls.) Daddy was "fooled" or at least he pretended to be for our sake. "P" kept saying "we are tricksters."
The sunscreen nazi is back, I always put face cream on the kids with SPF 15, before we go out rain or shine. But after spending all that time at the park my fare skinned babes had sunburns on their cheeks and noses. So today when we went to the park I pulled out the big guns form the closet and caked them in the heavy duty SPF 65. Spring is here!!!
Our meat loaf cupcake with mashed potato frosting.



9 comments:
How creative are YOU??? That is such a darling idea!
So fun to see you. I can't believe you stayed that long...I hope it warmed up. Next time I am in town we will have to do a girls night, so we can sit and chat. Love ya!!
Super cute. What a fun idea!
Remind me to ask you next year what to do for April Fools because I did nothing this year.
I am so NOT creative! That looked like an awesome dinner!
Very creative! I have been searching for ideas for making dinner fun. But I have come out blank. Where do you get your inspiration? By the way great job!
uh... Heck yes we have a blog. How did you find it?? Yours is super cute, I love that other people like to blog too, I can't wait to keep track of your family. One day we will move back to Eugene and we can be real friends!
Were doing good, the baby is due in two months, were getting excited, Jared more than I but none the less, it is soon.
What a great trickster dinner! Love the pictures of your kiddos in the Sunshine post. Send some rays our way--we're freezing here! And I'm pretty sure I need our chit-chats more than you do :)
You are so CUTE!
Post a Comment