Its Christmas time and I can not believe that day after tomorrow the presents will be opened, the food eaten and the anticipation for next years festivities begin. There has been a lot of stuff that I have wanted to do this Christmas season that I did not get to, and will have to cram in last minute to get done. We put our tree up 3 weeks ago, and all though it has lights and garland on it there are minimal ornaments, yes I admit it, it is December 23rd and we have yet to trim our tree. My Christmas cards will hopefully be mailed today and I still have a few people on my shopping list that I need to find gifts for.
However with all the pressures of the season I can’t help but step back and reflect on what this season really means, and I fear that in my hustle and bustle I have not given my children the spiritual nourishment they need as we celebrate Christ’s Birth. I feel truly blessed this Christmas Season and cannot express enough love for a loving Heavenly Father who sent his only begotten Son. For a Savior who sacrificed so that I can return to live with him some day, despite my imperfections. For the countless blessing bestowed upon our family. This past year we truly have been blessed and I have had many opportunities to watch the Lords hands working directly in our lives. As I look at my 4 children, my heart swells that I was entrusted with such wonderful spirits, they are such amazing people and as I watch them grow I could not be prouder of them. They truly are my dreams come true. I am very blessed to be able to stay home with our kids, and that Jonathan has a wonderful job so I am able to do this. And I am so very blessed to have such an amazing family and so many wonderful friends. I had to ask for a lot of help during my pregnancy with Miss E and Miss T and they stepped up to the bat. It is so wonderful to be surrounded by such amazing people that I can learn and grow from and always count on. And last but not least I am so thankful for my opportunities to serve, whether it is someone who needs a little help or in my calling in Relief Society at church, I feel so blessed to be able to do it. So as the minutes tick by and you finish up the things that you left for last minute I hope you too can take a deep breath and a moment and enjoy this wonderful time of year. Merry Christmas to all, I hope you have a great day and that Santa brings you all the gifts on your wish list. But most of all I hope your prayers have been answered this year. Love to all!!!
However with all the pressures of the season I can’t help but step back and reflect on what this season really means, and I fear that in my hustle and bustle I have not given my children the spiritual nourishment they need as we celebrate Christ’s Birth. I feel truly blessed this Christmas Season and cannot express enough love for a loving Heavenly Father who sent his only begotten Son. For a Savior who sacrificed so that I can return to live with him some day, despite my imperfections. For the countless blessing bestowed upon our family. This past year we truly have been blessed and I have had many opportunities to watch the Lords hands working directly in our lives. As I look at my 4 children, my heart swells that I was entrusted with such wonderful spirits, they are such amazing people and as I watch them grow I could not be prouder of them. They truly are my dreams come true. I am very blessed to be able to stay home with our kids, and that Jonathan has a wonderful job so I am able to do this. And I am so very blessed to have such an amazing family and so many wonderful friends. I had to ask for a lot of help during my pregnancy with Miss E and Miss T and they stepped up to the bat. It is so wonderful to be surrounded by such amazing people that I can learn and grow from and always count on. And last but not least I am so thankful for my opportunities to serve, whether it is someone who needs a little help or in my calling in Relief Society at church, I feel so blessed to be able to do it. So as the minutes tick by and you finish up the things that you left for last minute I hope you too can take a deep breath and a moment and enjoy this wonderful time of year. Merry Christmas to all, I hope you have a great day and that Santa brings you all the gifts on your wish list. But most of all I hope your prayers have been answered this year. Love to all!!!




6 comments:
Love you and I hope you have the merriest of christmases! You are such a great mom, your children and husband are SO blessed! xoxo!
Love the pics of your kids!! What sweeties. I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas!
Merry Christmas! You have had a wonderful year this year...I can't wait to see what comes your way next year. Love you!
What a special post. Love you.
You are so dear to me. I love you!
amen.
Post a Comment