Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just One Of Those Days

So my morning consisted of the toilet over flowing. It was a joint effort, P did his business in the toilet and didn't flush, then Busy (she didn't get that nickname for nothing) went in and put half a roll of toilet paper in the toilet, and was kind enough to flush it for me... So I mopped, used an entire bottle of Lysol and put the bath rugs in the washing machine. What would I do with out that jewel to clean up all of the major messes?? Now you may be asking yourself, "how does she know how much toilet paper she put in there?" I know this because yesterday I put a brand new roll on the holder and some time during the time between waking up from her nap and Jonathan coming home she put half the roll in the toilet and all over the bathroom. So today I know she could have only finished off what was left on the roll.
As I was cleaning up after breakfast, I noticed that the syrup bottle was almost empty and thought "hmmmm, I thought that there was more than 1/2 the bottle left." As I continued to clean up I noticed that Busy had finished her milk and the glass was a 1/4 full with syrup.... Ahh yes the child does enjoy her sweets, she would make a great elf if the movie Elf is accurate about syrup being one of the Elf's food groups.
So other than getting my bathroom clean and putting SYRUP on the grocery list our day has been rather boring. P and I have been playing Wii fit, and Busy has been busy, Miss E and Miss T have RSV so we are keeping them home and trying to get them healthy.
A special thanks to Grandma aka Mary Ann for bringing me a Pepsi today, boy did I need one.

14 comments:

Tim and Lisa said...

I feel for you. I thought I had it bad. Alex ate a swiss roll today and got it everywhere. It took vacuuming, sweeping and mopping the floor, oh ya, still have not got it out of his hair. Your a great mom, keep up the great memories!

Paula said...

Oh you poor thing!! I'm so sorry! Kiss those babies for me and I hope they feel better soon! Love you and miss you!!!

Paula said...

Oh you poor thing!! I'm so sorry! Kiss those babies for me and I hope they feel better soon! Love you and miss you!!!

Margaret said...

When it rains, it pours. So sorry.

Hang in there.

Dani said...

EWww, what a mess! Coincidently, my little busy body unrolled a whole roll of toilet paper but luckily she didn't try to flush it down the toilet! Never a dull moment, huh?! I am so sorry to hear that the twins have RSV! Yikes! I hope they feel better soon. I'm glad you got your Pepsi, you needed it!

Radke said...

I am so sorry about the girls. I hope they get better quickly. Glad you got your Pepsi fix though. Sounds like you really needed it with a day like that:)

Julee and Matt said...

I am right there with you! Get those babies better soon and know that I would be by in a heart beat with a pepsi for you. I miss you!

rachel said...

This was TODAY??? Oh man. You KNOW I'm good for bringing you a Pepsi.

Aaaa.... let's get P, Busy & Christian together and just sit and laugh and add a few chapters to our book.

Yesterday I felt like I was running from one mess to another with him. As soon as I'd get one cleaned up, he was already done making another. Gotta love these little angels!

Erika said...

You definitely have your hands full! Good luck with such a "curious" child.

P.S. I love wii fit.

Laura said...

Sounds like our house...never a dull moment with little ones, huh?

Jeralee said...

ah man, that takes me back to the days when my girls were babies. I remember one day when I was working on painting the cabinets in the kitchen of our condo. I could hear that Moura was up to something and Charlise was a little too quiet in her crib. Moura was taking bowls, scooping out toilet water and dumping it on the carpet. Charlise? Well I went in the bedroom, she had taken off her messy diaper and was flinging poo around the room. Ah!

Hope your babes start feeling better. Cold season has been hard. It certainly hit myself and the girls hard.

Pepsi can be a cure-all. Or at least a temporary one.

The Cottle Family said...

I know how you feel when you have a day like that, it really starts to get to you that this is your job as a full time mom. Hopefully the twins are doing better. I can't wait to come and help Maragret take pictures. April

Emy said...

Hey Kirsten! Looks like you recovered well from that one because you looked beautiful and (dare I say?) well-rested at church today. Love you!

Tia Hopper said...

I feel for ya, sista! Day after day I feel like all I do is clean up messes and I have only one running around. I'm doomed, huh?! :) You're an awesome mom! I strive to be Kirsten! :)