Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day Of School



This picture says it all, he was very excited.



Learning to let go.
I made sure that his new clothes were laid out, that he had a hot breakfast in his tummy. I made sure that his hair was washed, nails trimmed and teeth brushed. I did all I could to make sure that our little guy sparkled on his first day of kindergarten. We loaded everyone up in the stroller and walked to school. P-man was very excited and walked way ahead of us, with his batman back pack flapping on his back. He had no problem standing in line waiting to go in. He didn't need me to hold his hand or reassure him, he didn't even cry. I was a total mom stalker, I waited till they took him to class and then watched him all the way. I was even tempted to go peak through the glass and make sure that he found his cubby okay and was sitting in his chair. I wanted to see him make friends and feel that reassurance. But instead I walked home with the girls. We came in and I felt sad that my baby was now a "big" boy, but also excited for this new adventure. We went to pick him up and he was all smiles, daddy came home to surprise him and he was excited to have us all there. We had to interrogate him to get him to tell us all the details of his morning. The first day of kindergarten was a success, hope he is as excited to go tomorrow as he was today.
Sincerly,
this mom stuff is tough

8 comments:

Tim and Lisa said...

It gets easier. With sending them off, well maybe. Autumn and Allyssa both did well today. I just hope that Alex does that well next year.

Teresa said...

No doubt about it. P looks so handsome, tall, and grown up. I hope he had a wonderful day. Did his sisters miss him?

Dani said...

Oh Kirsten, that last photo "learning to let go" almost made me cry! Why do our kids grow up so fast?!! What an exciting milestone though! He is such a cute boy :)

Tia Hopper said...

I'm not ready for that! I know I still have a few years but even the thought of it makes me sad! I will totally cry when my first goes to kindergarten!!

Derrick and Melissa said...

Wow! Kindergarten. They do grow too fast. Madi is 6 weeks today and I just can't believe it. P-man is so cute. What an exciting thing for him. Oh, and I LOVE Miss T's laugh! So fun!!!

Kristen Moss said...

Wow, that is such a cute post. It makes me a little sad. What a trooper though.

Good Kid.

Emy said...

I'm proud of you for not being a stalker mom! That must have been so hard.

The Forrest Family said...

Kirsten I can't believe he is going to school already! Where has the time gone. I can't believe it! Man I miss you. Keni