Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy I Went, Glad To Be Home!!!

So I had a chance to go visit my Grandma. It was such a treat to see her I only wish that my Grandpa were there too, but we had a great time under the circumstances. We had a lot of laughs and were able to lean on one another when we were down, (I did a majority of the leaning, Grandma is much braver than me,) and we ate lots and lots of ice cream, it is what Grandpa would've wanted us to do. I flew out with my folks and we stayed at my Aunt Susan's on the way to and from my Grandma's house. My Aunt was also able to come down on the weekend so we had a wonderful visit with her too.
I am so glad that I was able to go. When deciding on when to go, Jonathan volunteered to stay home with the kids for 6 days so I could go and focus on my Grandma (and on me too) with out having to be a mom. It was wonderful!!! What a guy, there are not many dads out there that voulunteer for 6 days of being a single parent, he is terrific, I'm going to keep him for sure now (grin). It was hard being away from my hubby and babies for that long but I am so glad that I had the chance to go, traveling without kids for a change was nice too, I forgot what that was like.
Grandma, I miss you and love you, next time I will bring your great grandbabies with me I promise!!!

3 comments:

Renee said...

I am so glad you were able to have such a long visit with your grandma. It is good at times to be away from your family. It makes you realize you love them deeply and they realize how much you do for them on a daily basis and how much they love and care about you.

Tim and Lisa said...

I am glad you got to go on your own. I can't imagine going anywhere by myself. The grocery store is a treat for me.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're home now, too. Although I really liked the idea of you being so close to me!