Sunday, April 20, 2008

Please Do Not Feed The Animals

Friday we went up to the zoo. Leigh needed a ride to the airport and asked if I could take him. I decided we would make a day of it and go to the zoo before dropping him off. He also asked Dad to take him, so Dad took the day off not knowing that I was already planning on taking him. We all went up and had a great time. It was cold but not raining, so we couldn't complain. "P" wanted to see the giraffes, that was it, he liked looking at all the other animals but wanted to make sure that we saw the giraffes before we left. We finally made it to where they keep the giraffes and....... their area was empty. Not a giraffe in sight. Needless to say " P" was a bit disappointed, but still had a great time.






4 comments:

Tim and Lisa said...

Very cute! Glad you all had a great time!

Julee and Matt said...

I love the Portland Zoo. Glad to see you had such a great time...and I hope the giraffe get the memo next time you come that "P" needs to see them :)

Margaret said...

One of these days we hope to make it back up there!

Paula said...

I LOVE the zoo!! Josh and I are hoping the weather gets a little better so we can make a trip down with Ryan. I'm so sorry that P didn't get to see any giraffs though. :-(