Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Out At The Lake

Friday we spent the day at the lake. Melissa and I took our kids out at 10:00 a.m. and set up camp. We had friends join us later in the day. Leigh and Ally came for a while. When Jonathan got off work he joined us. We had a BBQ, and stayed cool. When we left the sun was going down and we had been there for 11 hours : ) I think the kids maybe spent a half hour out of the lake total, when they took breaks to eat lunch and dinner. Needless to say they slept well and surprisingly enough we were a bit pink but back to normal for the most part on Saturday. We had a fantastic day and as always feel blessed to have such wonderful friends.



P and his buddy Ty enjoying their manly root beers : )
Yes that is a watermelon, we put it in the lake to keep it cold for dinner. Then the boys turned it into a game tossing it around.



Our set up.

We brought lots of floating devices.


This is Leigh playing shark and getting attacked by the guppies.
Busy and her Ally
Cute friends!!!!
Thanks Melis for the use of some of your pictures : )

6 comments:

Julee and Matt said...

You have been a busy girl! I caught up with all the posted I missed...the wedding was beautiful and they are the cutest ever! I wish I could have went to the lake...it's hot here!

Julee and Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula said...

Im SO jealous of your lake time!!! Oh how I wish I could hang out with you all!!! SO MUCH FUN! LOVE YOU!

Laura said...

I want to go to the lake. That would have been a great escape from the heat!

Renee said...

I want to go next time!!!!!

Eryn said...

Sooooo fun! Let's do it again!