Thursday, September 11, 2008

Clearing Up The Confusion

In my last post of the twin pictures I did not do a very good job of clarifying that I am NOT 35 weeks. I am only 27 weeks : ) In a single pregnancy they measure you each visit. You should measure a centimeter for each week you are. They don't do that when you are having twins, instead they do an ultra sound each visit and measure the babies, amniotic fluid and my cervix (sorry to my squeamish readers). My doctor however was curious how big my uterus was at 24 weeks. Yes with two babies in there I was measuring in at 37 weeks : ) That is why I said if you have ever been 35 weeks pregnant and had to lay on your back you know you can't breath, that was just me saying these babies are taking up A LOT of room and we still have 3 months to go : )
I may be squished and growing at alarming rates but I am very grateful that these girls are so strong and healthy. So sorry for the confusion.

A few things that this pregnancy has taught me so far:

There are a lot of things you can't pick up when you have a 20 lbs. weight restriction.
With 2 busy kids, a busy calling at church and life, I do need to take some time and slow down.
Naps are heaven
I have some really amazing family and friends you have been sooooooooo helpful, thank you!!!
If I was allowed to still Rollerblade 14-16 miles a day, which I am not, i wouldn't have the energy to do it anyway.
I walk with a waddle 2 months before I did with the other 2.

What I know about these girls already:

They are going to be just as busy as my other 2 : )
They each have their own sleep cycles, they take turns kicking me all night : )
They love the sounds of their daddy, brother and sister. They go wild when I am talking to them, which is a lot.
They are going to both be pure gems in my life. We are very blessed to have such wonderful kids.

7 comments:

Julee and Matt said...

I am so glad that you are still feeling good, but I can't believe what you are measuring, good old Dr. C to give us a good idea, huh? :) I wish I was around to help you...but know my thoughts are with you and I can't wait until I can meet these two little girls. Love you!

Tim and Lisa said...

WOW, you are amazing. I don't know how you do it. With all that you are doing and with the new adventure of being a grownup, take it slow. Good luck, our prayers are with you!

The Cottle Family said...

I can't believe how far along you are, they will be here in no time. Get your sleep now and be ready to hire a nanny!!! Love April

Kim said...

Wow Kirsten, way to hang in there..I can only imagine things are going to get a whole lot more crowded! I am so excited for you to have sweet little twin girls, it's a darn good thing you have such good family and friends, you will need them a lot. Good luck

rachel said...

You're a trooper, my friend!
I am so proud of you.

Dani said...

Glad you cleared up the confusion, I was just astonished when I thought you were already 35 weeks- I was thinking that time was really flying by fast! I bet you kind of wish you really were 35 weeks along, huh?! I agree with Rachel, you are a trooper! And I have to say that you are a really cute pregnant mama :) You have that glow about ya! I think its so neat that they go wild when they hear your voice- so cool!

Paula said...

You are amazing! I'm glad you cleared that up because I was like Oh wow! This pregnancy seems to be going so fast! LOL! Love ya!