Saturday, November 8, 2008

Respect, Thank You Kristen!!!!

"Ill be honest, I was for McCain, but I think Obama has a lot of great views and I think he will do wonderful job leading this country. I fully give my support and prayers to president Obama. Thanks Kirsten for standing up for your views. I may not always agree, but I will always respect that.

Kristen"

I really appreciated this comment I got from Kristen about the video I posted, in my post yesterday. I was raised in a household where one parent was a Republican and the other a Democrat. Politics have always been a big discussion in our home. It wasn't until I became a adult that I realized how angry others would get about my views. Again I was raised where we discussed politics, my parents never yelled or fought about where they stood on the issues. As you can imagine I was floored when people no longer wanted to be my friend or said very hurtful things to me about where I stood on the issues. I of course have acquired thicker skin, but people never cease to amaze me. I hope that I have been as good of a friend to the people in my life as Kristen has been to me. This comment made me cry, if only everyone could RESPECT one another instead of spewing hate, the world would be a better place if more people could be like Kristen. I am proud of the fact that my children too will be raised in a home where they have a parent from each party. Two of the greatest things it taught me was: never to be spoon fed information, always go and find out the facts for yourself and do your own homework. It also taught me that people who have different political views can love one another. Kristen thank you for your wonderful comment, it meant so much to me dear friend. Sending love to all!!!! Kirsten

On that note I saw this video on Oprah yesterday and again tears were pouring down my cheeks.



We have broken through a ceiling in this country, and I am so blessed to have witnessed it, and been a part of it. It amazes me that my children will never think anything of it. I hope regardless of who you voted for that you will still step back and take a moment to realize the corner our country has turned. It really is such a beautiful thing.

1 comments:

Eryn said...

I've noticed even the little kids are talking about what's happening. Hana has been pretty enthralled with it all and calls Obama "rockobama". Alia came home from daycare and was talking about seeing little girls on their dad's shoulders waving the American flag. The kids sense what a great country we live in, and I hope we always do right by the little ones, Democrat or Republican. Kirsten, I appreciate your comments on respecting others views. Politics keeps things interesting in the home, when discussed with respect, don't they!