Wednesday, January 14, 2009

6 Weeks Old

Yes that is a half naked busy trying to sit on her sisters : )
Miss E & Miss T

So life here at our house has been pretty quiet. We are all healthynow, at least for today that is. The baby girls finally got infected by their older siblings that I fondly refer to as the "carrier monkeys" (Brittany I know you understand). I took them into the dr. and had a scare but all of the test came back fine and it was just a cold virus. They were real troopers through their first colds. They are smiling more and more and each have their own sweet personality. Busy and P-man have been fantastic and I find them doing these really sweet acts twords their little sisters.
On a different note: As we venture out more into the world I am discovering that a majority of strangers I pass in the store or meet at the resturant refer to me as "you poor thing" or they tell the person they are with "watch out and let this poor women by." I just give a polite smile and laugh to myself. As I have taken on this adventure I was shocked to learn that a majority of the public veiw my blessing as a burden, or a daunting task, and I may have had that view before I was given this task. So to the people I meet in the store or at the dr.'s office or while out for a walk that think or say "you poor thing" I say to you, I may have twice as many diapers to change (triple if you count Busy) and I may have 2 babies that at times are both screaming and needing my attention, I may be tag teamed at night and get little to no sleep but..... I also get twice as many smiles, cuddles and nuzzles. I have two happy babies instead of 1. I get the privilege of spending individual time with my girls while being tag teamed at night. So at times yes this blessing does feel a bit daunting, however those emotions are few and far between and nothing a Pepsi and a nap or a hot shower won't cure.

SO for those of you who may be reading this and don't know me very well you may think wow!!! Hahaha this will help you get to know me a bit better.

A 11 year old girl in Jonathan's primary class lost her father, I offered to take her and her family dinner last night. Well yesterday ended up being a bit of a challenge I had only about an hour of sleep under my belt and the girls needed to be held all day. So when was I going to make dinner. I decided to call in the professionals, Papa Johns, they not only delivered the pizza to her house but one to ours and a cup of liquid heaven... aka Pepsi. I know you understand : )




16 comments:

Tim and Lisa said...

I agree, two babies is more to love! You are a strong woman! Keep up being a great mom, your doing great!

Derrick and Melissa said...

I am sure that you are an amazing mom and that it is well worth it. I know for me it would be!

Anonymous said...

You are simply amazing.

Paula said...

You're so great! The positive outlook is what makes you even more awesome!!!!

Dani said...

People are so quick to judge and assume. It's too bad people can't appreciate or recognize the positives more. One day before Christmas, I was shopping and Emma, not having had a nap that day, was a little cranky and some older lady said to me rudely that Emma was going to get a lump of coal in her stocking! Everyone else just starred at me. Parenting publicly can be rough sometimes! I thought the comment was both funny and mean! People say the darndest things! Anyway, you are such a positive, patient and awesome mother! Your children are beautiful, just like their parents. I forgot to tell you last night how cute Busy looked on Sunday! She is a little sweetie :) Anyhow, keep up the good work! Enjoy all those sweet little blessings!

rachel said...

Thank HEAVENS for Papa Murphy's and Pepsi!!

Kirsten, you are such a fantastic mother and those little girls were sent to you for a reason. I admire your attitude and positivity. Hope you got the sleep you needed.

I had to take Christian in today after he woke up telling me he had an "owie in his mouth" referring to HIS throat! ugh. So far, the strep tests are negative... Cross your fingers they stay that way!!

Love you.

Lakes are Great said...

What a positive lady you are! The girls sure are looking cute.

Julee and Matt said...

Just keep your chin up and a cold Pepsi in the frig! Don't you hate when people you don't know say things...we get that alot here. I admire you my friend...and next time we get together we will have to sit and chat and laugh with our pepsi's!

Emy said...

Way to go with Papa Johns, I have done that before too. I admire your positive attitude so much, you are doing such a good job! Every time I talk to you, you sound so calm and happy. You are right--double the blessings. Can't wait to see some pictures of them in their blessing dresses. Today was just wonderful to see them get blessed.

Unknown said...

You ARE amazing. That why you were blessed with such a wonderful family- Heavenly Father knew you were up to the challenge (and kisses).

Renee said...

Wow those little girls are growing up to fast. They are so dang cute. As for people who have no idea what it is like to have double the love from precious little blessings are just that people who dont know Heavenly fathers great plan and these two little ones needed to come to earth and recieve a body, they just happened to come together. Maybe they just could not bare to be seperated from each other in the spirit world so they decided to tag team you and Jonathan. You are amazing and Pepsi sure does cure lots. I miss my pepsi. It has been 1 year and 5months since I have had one. Yikes, yes my name is Renee and I am a pepsi aholic.

Tim and Lisa said...

I keep checking your bog and everytime I see the picture of the girls on the top I smile. What a great picture of them! Thanks for sharing your stories and children with the rest of us!

TimothyandJessica said...

It's been fun seeing pictures of your beautiful children. I'm going to need some tips from you about taking a bunch of little ones out in public. Did you ever get the triple stroller you wanted?

The Cottle Family said...

It looks like you are having the time of your life. I don't know how or when you find time to post, but thanks for sharing!! April

Anonymous said...

Oh!!! I LOVE those pictures! Two words: L-I-Q-U-I-D C-R-A-C-K.

Tia Hopper said...

I love your posts. I can kind of feel for you about people saying "poor thing" in public. Ever since I had my 2nd, since they are only 1.5 years apart people act like I have twins, or a massive amount of kids. When I take them for walks in the double stroller people look or say the oddest things as if I have so many kids. It's just two! I can't imagine what they'll say as I continue to have some! :)

I love your encouraging stories. You are so laid back and I can tell a wonderful mother. I always knew you would be though! ;) But your stories make me feel better about a little stress I may feel when my little one wants no one but me. I just have to remember she wont want me much longer. Great posts! Love ya!