Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Well Since I'm Up

So now that I start to type the babies are sound asleep, however I am going to get a little journaling done while I can. We are all sick here, even Miss T and Miss E. And since they are sick our lives have been a bit upside down. They have been off of their schedule which makes life difficult and sporadic, but for as crummy as they feel, I know because I feel crummy too, they are still all smiles and very content. Busy has this awful cough on top of the nasty head cold and has been a bit on the emotional side, I can't blame her I have been acting the same way, being sick stinks.
However on a lighter note I was able to get together Friday night with some friends and eat yummy food and play games, it was a much needed event, it is just nice to get girl talk, and have extra hands to hold the girls so i could partake of some of the yummy food.
I also got some much needed chit chat with my outstanding friend Britt, we have been playing phone tag for over a week now and I clung to the phone, boy do I miss that girl.
Melis sent down these enormous and superb Cinnamon rolls, I accuses her of sabotaging my weight-loss attempts, since we are doing a weight loss challenge and a $100 is on the table. She of course claimed no such motive, and I happily ate Cinnamon rolls : )
Jonathan and I went out for Valentines day with our wonderful friends Eryn and Jason and had a great time. We only talked kids for a few minutes and the rest was light adult banter, boy did I need it. We went and saw the movie Paul Bart Mall Cop, which I really enjoyed, I usually like most movies with Kevin James in them. We hired a couple teenage baby-sitters (one of whom I used to babysit) to watch all of the kids, this does not happen very often with so much family around who are always very willing and wonderful to watch the kids, but the kids really enjoyed it. P loves Emma and proclaimed when I told him she was going to babysit "yes, she lets us do what ever we want."
I am really enjoying this call to motherhood and can't believe that I have been entrusted with such amazing kids. They amaze us daily. It does not come without it's challenges, the main one at the moment re-potty training, it has been quite the mental challenge, I just keep telling myself you don't see any adults walking around in diapers, but I do wonder if this kid will be the exception. Then the physical demands of caring for young kids can be at times exhausting. But I get plenty of kisses, hugs and "I love yous' to make up for the achy back and lack of sleep.

7 comments:

Derrick and Melissa said...

You are amazing. I wish I could see you with your kids. I am sure that you are such a good mom. I love to read what you write about them. So many moms complain about being a mom and about their kids and you can tell from how you talk about them that you enjoy and feel blessed for your precious children.

Paula said...

I'm glad that all is going well for you guys, other than being sick. Miss you, love you and hope you feel better soon!!! xoxox!

Julee and Matt said...

I hope everyone starts to feel better...I am right there with you about being sick. I miss being just down the street from you friend, and I hate that I am missing out on these little girls. You are the best mom ever and you amaze me with all you do with these kids. I miss you, I love you!

rachel said...

What a nice little update. I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon. I love your happy, positive attitude. You're awesome and I love you.

Eryn said...

You're such a good mom! I love your attitude about the woes and joys of parenthood!

Margaret said...

What a great little post! I'm glad you are a mom...your kids are lucky to have one as amazing as you!

Anonymous said...

Hope you're all feeling better soon! So happy we got to chat a bit, dear friend!