Monday, March 23, 2009

We've Come A Long Way Baby

6 years, 4 kids, 1 dog, a mini van we swore we would never drive, 4 cars, 1 house, and 1,000,000,000 priceless moments later I can still say you are my best friend, the most amazing man, an outstanding husband, a incredible father and I love you more then anything. Thank you for making all of my dreams come true. And after all we have been through and all that is to come, there is no one that is more perfect to take this journey with than you. Love you babe!!!

Funny Story: So I received a surprise in the mail this week, my long time friend Melissa H. sent me a note book that we used to write notes back and forth to each other in when we were 14 or so. I have read through some of it, and have been laughing at my own silliness, oh how I dread when my girls are teenagers. : ) It has been fun to read what I wrote about Jonathan in there. For those who don't know our history we have been best friends since I was 12, but did not start dating until after he came home from his mission, crazy huh?? There is a portion where I relay a conversation to Melissa that I had had with Jonathan. I will sum it up for you. Jonathan was being a jerk, so I told him that he needed to be nice to me because he was going to marry me someday. He replied that he could never marry me because I was too young. Yes I am a entire 3 years younger than him. Little did we know what life would bring.

Happy Anniversary Babe, and remember I'm always right!!! : )

11 comments:

Derrick and Melissa said...

I am so glad you got it! I meant to mail it a long time ago but have just not got around to it. It gives me a good laugh when I read it. Check out my REAL blog sometime... derrickandmelissa.blogspot.com. My other one is my business one. Love ya and happy anniversary!

Teresa said...

Happy Anniversary to a lovely couple! I did not know your history, and loved reading about the note that your friend Melissa sent to you. What a treasure!

Dani said...

Oh that's so cute! You guys have known each other for a long time- that is so cool! Happy Anniversary! March weddigs are great. Mike and I will celebrate ours tomorrow!

rachel said...

I remember clearly you two in your high school years and I remember the thrill I felt when you finally figured out you were meant to be together! :)

Tia Hopper said...

So funny! I love that story! I myself didn't imagine you with Jonathan. But you were always with Tim. ;) You are all knowing!! :)

The Lunatics said...

Happy Anniversary you Mini Van Peeps! With many more, Anniversaries- not mini vans, to come!

Paula said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Love you guys!!

Julee and Matt said...

Happy Anniversary! I love you have a notebook from when you were younger and were writing about Jonathan. I hope you have a wonderful celebration. Love you!

Radke said...

Happy Anniversary to a wonderful couple! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Day!! Bryan and I just celebrated 7 years!!! Can you believe what an happen in so few years!?!?! It's amazing! You look great by-th-way!

And your family looks awesome!

Tim and Lisa said...

I guess our Heavenly Father really knows us better than we know ourselves. I am glad you found your soulmate. I know I am glad I found mine. Thanks for everything both of you. I consider you guys my best friends still. We sure went through a lot back in those days.

-Tim