So I know that I am going to look back on this chapter of my life and miss my kids being in the stages they are in, miss the simplicity of our lives. But I wonder will I really miss all of it??
Will I miss changing diaper, after diaper, after diaper?? Did I tell you I average 175 diapers a week, no joke??
Will I miss my water bottle some how becoming the communal watering hole?? Needless to say if my water bottle is not exactly where I left it, it is a pretty good bet that those are not my floaters, yuck!!!
Will I miss my hit and miss shower always having a toddler joining me, or hanging out in the bathroom pulling back the shower curtain, or if they are not in the bathroom the entire time, coming in every 30 seconds to taddle on one another, but hey at least I know where they are right?? I dream of the day when it is just me and my loofah.
Will I miss laying down in bed and feeling the sand between my sheets?? Yes sand, how is it no matter how much I brush them off, they still seem to make it into my bed to "hide" and leave whatever sand I missed between my sheets. Like I don't already have enough variables stacked against me when it comes to a restful night.
Oh and there is the battle of the shoes, or I like to look at it as my own little fairy tale: We are ready to leave home and I put the glass slippers on my little princess, I take the first load out to the car and come back to find the glass slippers have slipped off the princess's feet. I put the slippers back on and carry her out to the car. Somewhere along the way, from home to location A, the slippers have once again slipped off the princess's feet. And I once again in my frantic quest to unload, place the slippers back on her feet. While at location A the princess has lost her glass slippers and I take 5 minutes locating them both, I place them back on her feet, load up our car and we are now on our way to location B. Once again the slippers have slipped off her feet and this time I have to dig in the back to find where one of the slippers has escaped to. The princess and her slippers have been reunited and we carry on to location B. I place the princess and the 2 car seats, which carry her baby sisters, into the cart. We are now on our way to grab a few things. As the shopping trip is coming to its end and I am going over my list to make sure that yes I have everything, I notice that the princess only has one slipper. I check the cart and it is no where to be found. I turn to her older brother and ask, but I know the answer, he has no idea, so we are now on a mission to reunite the princess and her slipper yet again, by retracing our steps. 10 minutes, and a 100 I wants later we finally find the lost slipper. The princess's mommy reunites the slippers and places them in her magic bag where they will stay till the next time we venture out, slippers are over rated anyways.
So although I will miss the days gone by, there will be aspects that I won't exactly miss.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Hmmmmmm... Really??
Posted by Kirsten
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Thank you for sharing. I understand about the shower. Just once in a while we want to be alone. I can't go to the bathroom by myself. We don't have the shoe problem, or the sand.(Tim won't let me get a sand table.) 175 diapers, that is ALOT!
Some of these things you won't miss, but they will make for inspirational stories (they do for all of us now) for yourself later in life when you think back to the amazing things you accomplished when your children were little. I hope that it's just you and your loofah very, very soon. Who knew what a treat it would become to use the bathroom (for whatever reason!) without interruption?
FUN post!
I love it, Kirsten!! I also think these exact same things! Will I really miss this?! I'm so grateful I have yet to experience the glass slipper experiences! Thankfully so far mine keep them on...I only have two so far so I'll get back to you on that one!
I am right there with you! I think you have a few more diapers a week...but will we really miss everything right now in 5 years? I don't think so, because we are going to block it all out of our memory and only remember the good times! I miss you!
I love this post! I totally agree about the bathroom. The only time I can get some peace in there is when M is home to monitor the kids. Thanks for sharing.
congratulations!
Kirsten, you are so hilarious! All those things are so true. Sky does the same thing with her shoes. I just leave a pair in the car because thats where they always end up, but there has been plenty of times where people are chasing after me with her shoe becasuse we have dropped it again! Crazy, crazy, crazy!! Keni
Post a Comment