Monday, June 14, 2010

Bike Rides, Preschool Graduation, and Other Stuff.

I'm outside on my back patio blogging. This may seem like no big deal, however...
a.) P-man broke our laptop screen last week, so I've had it hooked up to the t.v. for the past week. (more details to come.)and
b.) We have had a ton of rain since June started so hanging outside enjoying the nice weather hasn't been a option.

The kiddos and I are home from church, Miss E has a virus and has had croup attacks the past 2 nights. Jonathan is taking his mama up to the airport, she is going to visit her mom, Great Grandma Mary, who had surgery on Friday to remove a cancerous tumor. The Surgery went great and it looks like they got it all, we will know more next week when they get the biopsy results back.
So we are outside enjoying another day of sun. Even Miss E who isn't her usually happy go lucky self, but is still having fun playing.


The laptop: We were out on our weekly date and the kids were home with our wonderful babysitter. P-man was playing a game on the computer and got frustrated so he grabbed the screen with both hands and pulled on it. Causing the screen to shatter and leaving us with a no longer fully functioning computer. Our sitter called and told us that P-man had something to tell us (never good). When you hear your six year old say "umm, I broke the computer." What are you suppose to do? I said ok and we were heading home soon and would deal with it then, Jonathan was feeling pretty frustrated. We decided that since he was honest about what he had done he could still go fishing all day the next day with Grandpa, Daddy and Uncle Leigh. But he is currently doing extra chores to work off the cost of fixing the computer and once he has filled his jar with slips of paper (representing each task completed) the cost will be worked off. So Jonathan once again proved that he can fix anything, he ordered a new screen off ebay, took the computer apart, replaced the screen, put the computer back together without any extra parts left over : ) and wah lah, our computer is fixed. He always amazes me.

Girl Time: While the men were off fishing, Aunt Ally and I took the girls and went garage sale shopping, and spent the afternoon freezer cooking. For anyone that doesn't know what freezer cooking is here is a brief run down, you take a day and make a lot of meals, enough for a week, a month, 3 months what ever you like to do. We filled our freezers with yummy food. I walked away with 18 entrees, 2 batches of granola, 19 breakfast burritos, 3 1/2 dozen snicker doodles, and a pan of brownies for $150. No room for ice cream in my freezer. : )

Fishing: The boys fishing trip was a success and P-man brought home 4 fish. He was beaming from ear to ear.

Deals: While we were at the garage sales I found a bike seat for $10.00. I was so excited, I really want to spend the summer biking around, but Busy isn't quite ready to lose her training wheels. And the bike trailer only fits 2 kiddos. I was jumping with joy over my steal of a deal. Also for one of our date nights we went thrift store shopping and found Miss E and Miss T toddler bike helmets for $3, each. We've been taking family bike rides, and it's wonderful.

Put a couple cute munchkins in the bike trailer.
Photobucket
One on his bike and the other in the bike seat. And that folks is how you do it.
Photobucket
Then you ride to a local market and get the kiddos a ice cream.
Photobucket
Daddy bought the king size cones.
Photobucket
And everyone stays happy.
Photobucket
As you can see Miss T's boo boo is healing very nicely.

Busy had preschool graduation on Friday. She has one more year, but they do it for everyone.
Grandpa Tom and Grandma came. Aunt Ally, Grandpa , Daddy, Mommy, P-man, Miss E, and Miss T were there too. The graduation ceremony was wonderful. And they had a catered lunch afterwords.
Photobucket
Busy finding her seat.
Photobucket
The stools the kids are sitting on, the wood shop class made, and the preschoolers got to keep them. Such talent!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Taking her bow
Photobucket
So excited.
Photobucket

We are amazed and so proud of how much Busy has grown this year.
This is the last week of school for P-man, I don't know who is more excited for summer break, mommy or P-man.

I've been reading a great book
It has given me much insight and I've found it to be a great resource so far. So if you are the mom of a boy and feel helpless at times : 0 this may be a good book to put on your nightstand too.

And you may remember in my recent update when I was talking about changes in my callings at church. Well Change has come once more : ). I was a Sunday School teacher for 4 weeks and then they called me to serve in the Young Women's Presidency. I'm really excited to serve and work with the teenage girls in our ward. And once again I am working with some outstanding ladies. I have a lot to learn, but love the girls and I'm looking forward to growing in this calling.

So other than the fast balls life throws us, broken computers, illness, stitches, we are wonderful and enjoying life. Hope you all are well, we are so thankful for our wonderful family and friends (you).

Love,
Kirsten

4 comments:

Adam Stephanie KaileeJo Taydom and Hadley said...

I love catching up on your family. You are so amazing you are what I stive to be. A great mom to all of your kids, active in all that you do and you have such a great attitude about everything. Love you!

Ging said...

I enjoyed the catch-up. You are a thoughtful and wise mother.

Rachel said...

Hey Kirsten, good luck with your new calling! Does this mean you will be going to Girls Camp? I have yet to serve in YW, and I can't wait for the opportunity... I have such good memories of the presidency when I was a YW.

Radke said...

Sounds like you have been busy, busy, busy! Glad you were able to get all the stuff you need to go for bike rides, they are the best!
Your new calling is exciting! I know you will do a wonderful job with those girls, how fun!