-
Miss T became the first of our kids to need stitches. I know it's a surprising fact that this is the first stitch experience knowing our kids, but true. We have had strep throat making its way to each member of our family. I was its current victim and after getting home from the doctor I crawled into bed. Jonathan was being super dad, working on projects and watching the kids, while I begged for death : ). After dinner they were all outside playing. We have this cement cylinder in our front flower bed, that comes out of the ground about 8 inches. We have no idea what purpose it serves, but now want to find out so we can remove it. All 3 of the girls were playing in the flower bed, when Miss T fell and hit her head smack on the edge of this cement cylinder.
Jonathan brought her into me saying I think she might need stitches. I took one look and agreed. She was so brave through the entire ordeal. Of course this happened on a Saturday evening so off to Urgent Care we went. 3 hours and, 3 stitches later we were home. I took her and my thought process was: I'm the mom and she is going to need me. Grandpa went along, thank goodness, because I had not eaten anything for at least 24 hours and by the time they finally started the stitching process my fever was creeping back up. Mix that with my fear of needles and blood... So after this experience Daddy will take them and I will be there for whoever, when they come home.
She had the stitches in for 6 days then nurse Lauri made a house call and took them out. The wound is almost all healed up. P-man found the silver lining. When we were loading up Miss T to take her, P-man was asking what was going on. I told him the situation and he said "alright, now I'll be able to tell them apart." : )
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Stitch It
Posted by Kirsten
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Poor baby. I am glad she is getting better and hope you are all over the strep. I LOVE P-man's comment. Kids know how to shine light on any situation. Love ya!
AH! That last comment is HILARIOUS!! I second that! :) I am so scared for that day to come when I have to rush a child to urgent care. Where the heck is urgent care? Is it different than the ER? See, I wouldn't even know what to do! And to see your baby get stitched, UGH! What a good mommy!
Poor girl, but leave it to little man to make it funny. I love that kid...well I love all your kids, and you!!
Oh sad. It's the worst seeing your child go through something like that.
Post a Comment