Thursday, September 2, 2010

Jonathan Turns 30!!!!!

I had been going back and forth on what to do for Jonathan's birthday. I wanted to surprise him but wasn't quite sure how I would pull it off. I took his phone in a super stealthy way, while he was in the other room watching t.v. Sent out a evite, which sent reminder emails to our joint email account. And planned it for the same night as pizza night which would a.) get him out of the house without making him suspicious and b.) it was a few days before his actual birthday so he wouldn't expect it so soon. I scrubbed the house and made lots of goodies. Mary Ann came over and helped me with the kids, and the house so it would be guest worthy. Ally made cheese cake so I didn't have to worry about that. Melissa came over and got all the goodies and took them to her house, while picking them up she said "won't Jonathan be suspicous with how clean the house is?" I told her I was hurt at her jab at my house keeping skills LOL. We went to pizza night as planned, Leigh and Ally were going to take off first, then we would load up and on our way home I would need to stop at the store to pick up milk, giving my parents enough time so they could get to our house before we did. Melissa was wonderful and went over to our house to welcome everyone and get all the food prepped and set out. Everything was going so well. Ally and Leigh had left and Jonathan and I were packing the kids up to go home. My cell started ringing, I forgot that I had put it in my purse and it wasn't on me. Jonathan made it to my bag before I did and looked at the caller I.D. and said "why is home calling you?" Melissa had forgotten her cell and was using our home phone. As I scrambled to come up with a excuse Jonathan gets this look of recognition as all the pieces come together. Well the gig was up. It may not have been the surprise that I was picturing, but Jonathan was still surprised and had a wonderful party with family and friends.
Photobucket
The kids in the pool
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Miss E and Miss T in their second favorite place in the back yard.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Eryn, my wonderful friend
Photobucket
Uncle Wee, Aunt Owie and Busy
Photobucket

Photobucket
I'm a dork I know that's why you love me.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Alley and Miss T
Photobucket
Melis getting Miss T out
Photobucket
Thank you all for all of your help and coming over to celebrate with us.
Sorry I didn't take more pictures I kept trying to snap a few off and something would need to get done.
And I have to share the following pics because as always "there just so cute." You may get sick of these faces but I sure don't : ) So bare with me : )
Since we couldn't go out on Jonathan's actual birthday (it landed on a Sunday) we went out the night before. Mom and Dad took us out to a local Mexican place. Dad, Ally, Leigh, Jonathan, and I spent the whole day cutting down 3 trees in mom and dad's yard, while mom took care of the kiddos. We were all really worn out after our long day. But it was a welcome treat to go spend the evening together and celebrate with Jonathan. The kids did really well at the resteraunt considering how tired they were from their long day, and hungry because we were eating later than normal.
Jonathan in his birthday hat
Photobucket
Miss E
Photobucket
Busy
Photobucket
Miss T
Photobucket
and P-man
Photobucket
Happy Birthday Babe!!!!! You're the best, love you!!!

2 comments:

Derrick and Melissa said...

Wow! 30! I only have a year left. Happy Birthday Jonathon! I love the pic of Busy in the hat. Too cute!!!

Tia Hopper said...

I'm so impressed with your great plan. Such a bummer a little phone call gave it up. So close!!