So the story goes like this... 2 weeks back E decided to turn and go breach, so we knew that a c-section was probably going to happen. We scheduled a date and left it at that. Friday morning I woke up feeling crummy, my body ached and it was going to be a lay down on the couch, let the kids watch way to much t.v. kind of day. Around 12:00 I started having contractions, one right after the other, so I called my mommy-in-law and asked if she could come hang out with us. At 1:30 we started packing the kids bags and I called Jonathan and told him he should head home. Jonathan got there and I called our Doctor, by this time my contractions were really close and it was time to head to the hospital. The nurse called back and said that our Dr. was on his way to the hospital and would meet us there. We headed to the hospital and they rolled me up to a triage room. Mom and Dad were there and the nurse told them as soon as they checked me in and got me to a room they would come and get them. The nurse asked where I would rate my pain on a scale from 1 to 10. I said an 8, she raised her eyebrows and said 10 would be agony, i looked back at her and very firmly said an 8. She messed with stuff and 15 minuted later thought it might be a good idea to call our Doctor, who had been pulled into a delivery in route to see me, and see what he wanted her to do. Our doctor told her to check me and do an ultra sound to see if our girls were still breach. The nurse checked me and I was dilated to an 8, suddenly she is apologizing for not believing that I was in so much pain and doubting that I was in labor. After 3 pregnancies I was finally told that I don't act like the typical women in labor, that is why no one ever believes me when I say I am. Next time I will grab her by the throat and be a little more dramatic. Suddenly there are 10 people in the room prepping me for surgery. The c-section went really well and our girls arrived at 35 weeks E weighing in at 5 lbs 8 ounces and T at 5 lbs 9 ounces. There was only a 20 gram difference in their weights. Both girls started breathing on their own right away, but because they were 35 weeks they had to go to the NICU. Mom and Dad finally got an update after the c-section was over : )
Saturday morning I woke up took a shower and had Jonathan wheel me to the NICU so I could be with my girls. It was really hard not having them with me all night.
Such a good big brother he loves his new babies and wants to "keep them forever."
Big brother holding T
The girls room in the NICU
The only way they got me to leave was because they let me take my girls. They were only in the NICU for 24 hours because they wowed the Doctors and Nurses.
E and T
After 3 days the girls were doing so well they let us go home. We have never stayed more then 24 hours in the hospital after having a baby, so being there for 3 days was a very long time, but we had a nice stay, however I was ready to go home. Jonathan wouldn't let me carry out both the girls, even though I felt up to it.

E in her car seat getting ready to go home.
I will hopefully come up with better nick names than E & T soon.
And once we start getting sleep I will post more, ha ha I would never post again. No I will post lots more pictures soon.
We are all doing great!!!!



25 comments:
Oh my sweet friend!
I will never tire of this story or these beautiful pictures. I will be back over and over just to stare at these precious little babes.
Either that or I'll be knocking on your door every day... oh wait! I already AM doing that!!
LOVE YOU!
Wow, What a miracle. You look AMAZING!!! knowing what a C-section is like, I am totally amazed with what you are doing. I didnt even want to leave the hospital after 4 days, and you did it in style. You are absolutly awsome and I really really mean that. Good Job Mom. We cant wait to come see you and your beautifull girls.
Kristen n Jared and Kroten too.
Yay!!! They are so beautiful! I can't believe you were dilated to an 8! Wow! It seems like it all happened so fast! And you were up and showered the next morning after a c-section! Amazing! You are one strong mama! I LOVE the photos! Thanks for sharing!
I am so glad that everything went so well. They look so healthy, and big for being so early. Hope everything is still going well at home. Love April
You are AMAZING! You and Jonathan look great! The babies look great, and so does P. Thank you for sharing your story, I wish we lived closer so I could visit more often. They are beautiful, ok, now that I am crying gotta go. Love you guys!
I am so glad that these little girls made their grand entrance into the world. I can't believe you were already at 8. I can't wait for more pictures and tell them not to get too big before I come up and visit them. Love you!
I am VERY impressed friend! You were an 8 and so calm.
I found tears work wonders for getting the nurses and doctors to help me...the drugs come MUCH faster so I will stop crying. Wow I sound like a wimp now.
You are awesome! You could probably do this over and over.☺
And the babies are beautiful. I can't wait to see them!
THEY ARE SO CUTE!!! I can't get over it. I think the blog will be the new background to our computer so I can look at these pictures anytime I want. And we are so ready to be back in Eugene....4 weeks from today and counting down every minute. You look fabulous! I am so excited to cuddle with them!!
They are SOOOOO beautiful!!! I can't wait to see them in person! You look fantastic!!! You are a superwoman!! Congrats a hundred times over! LOVE YOU!!!
Congratulations on your two newest bundles. They look so sweet and you look amazing.
They are so beautiful!!!! Im so jealous you got two!!!! And at the same time!!!! HOW AWESOME! Congrats--they are so cute!
Wow what a story. You did a great job. Hope you are all doing well and trying to get some sleep.
What perfect little babies! Congrats!
The Girls are beautiful! I started to cry when I saw them. (I am just really baby hungry.) I am so proud of you and a little jealous. You are awesome! You have a very beautiful family. You look amazing! I wish I looked that good after my c-section. Anyways Love you tons and I will call you tomorrow. If that is ok. XOXO
Kirsten you look wonderful. Your two sweet girls are just adorable. I am so happy that everyone is doing well. We are thinking of you...Congratulations!!!!
So, when do we get to come visit the sweet little angels? By the way you look gorgeous after having babies. I never look even 1/10th as good as you did in that picture after my kids.
So beautiful! So so so so tender and sweet and lovely and wonderful! I am so proud of you guys, what a wonderful double blessing! And you even came to the Twilight movie tonight! WOW!!! Thanks Jonathan. E&T are so gorgeous. Can't wait to meet them. You look great girl!
Can they be any more perfect? I am so proud of you!
Can they be any more perfect? I am so proud of you!
Oh they are perfect, beautiful, precious little baby girls. I am so proud of you and the gracious woman you have become. It brings tears to my eyes. Keep up the great job you are doing being a mother. Love you.
They are SO beautiful! What a wonderful blessing for your family. They will be well loved. I will be here frequently for updates.
We are so excited to see pictures! They are so so beautiful.
I'm BAAACK! Told you I would. I just love those snuggle buggle pictures of the girls.
(((sigh)))
Life is good.
I too can't stop checking out your babies. They are so beautiful! I love the pictures of them together. So how are they sleeping and eating?
Congratulations, Kirsten and Jonathan! Well done! Your newest little daughters are as beautiful as I knew they would be, and you look fantastic, Kirsten!
Kirsten, you look amazing!! I can't believe you WALKED out of the hospital holding a baby and wanting to hold 2. Wait, yes I can. But still, you're incredible! I LOVE the pictures of your babies snuggled together. You've got to be exhausted, but what such sweet, sweet times.
Post a Comment