I was a bit concerned about my Mother's Day this year. The kids, grandpa and I would all be flying home from our trip to see Great Grandma, Aunt Susan and Brittany, and that was going to take up a big chunk of "my" Mother's Day. I had much to look forward to though, I was going to see Jonathan after 8 days and I missed him sooooooooo much. I was going to get to talk to Ian, we will see him in 80 days : ) I am a bit giddy about that, okay ecstatic. But still even with these 2 things I was still a bit concerned that I would not be honored in all my glory for the tough job I do. Of course Jonathan did not fall short on the honoring me. Thanks babe for a wonderful day.
I Am a Mother, I read this book by Jane Clayson Johnson a couple years ago and I loved it. I highly recommend it. I learned a important lesson from this book, I am a mother, I have the hardest job there is and I should be proud to say I am a mother, not "I'm just a mom", but "I am a mother". I am 25 years old and I have 4 kids, that's right people, and I am proud to say "I am a mother." I hope that I can be as good of a mother to my children as my mom was to me. My mother taught me that the greatest calling there is, is motherhood and she made many personal sacrifices to be my mother and I will never be able to thank her enough for that.
I have learned that I want my kids to make messes and mistakes so I will appreciate the rare moments of peace and quiet more. There is no better medicine then a hug and a kiss when someone, including me, is not feeling well. I run all day long, cleaning up messes, change diapers, cooking and doing other countless chores, but it is all worth it when I get a thank you for tying my cape, or I love you. To an outsider it may seem that I have a meaningless life, I don't have countless college degrees under my belt, I don't receive a paycheck each month showing my net worth. I don't wear power suits, and if I did it would have spit up on the shoulder and someones little hand marks on the rear. However I would not change my life and if you just had one day to experience the joy I feel and how hard I work you would know that I have lots of "net" worth, some might go as far as to say they don't pay me enough.
I Am a Mother, I read this book by Jane Clayson Johnson a couple years ago and I loved it. I highly recommend it. I learned a important lesson from this book, I am a mother, I have the hardest job there is and I should be proud to say I am a mother, not "I'm just a mom", but "I am a mother". I am 25 years old and I have 4 kids, that's right people, and I am proud to say "I am a mother." I hope that I can be as good of a mother to my children as my mom was to me. My mother taught me that the greatest calling there is, is motherhood and she made many personal sacrifices to be my mother and I will never be able to thank her enough for that.
I have learned that I want my kids to make messes and mistakes so I will appreciate the rare moments of peace and quiet more. There is no better medicine then a hug and a kiss when someone, including me, is not feeling well. I run all day long, cleaning up messes, change diapers, cooking and doing other countless chores, but it is all worth it when I get a thank you for tying my cape, or I love you. To an outsider it may seem that I have a meaningless life, I don't have countless college degrees under my belt, I don't receive a paycheck each month showing my net worth. I don't wear power suits, and if I did it would have spit up on the shoulder and someones little hand marks on the rear. However I would not change my life and if you just had one day to experience the joy I feel and how hard I work you would know that I have lots of "net" worth, some might go as far as to say they don't pay me enough.
So even though we just get one day a year to honor our mothers, I know it is the day to day thanks and I love yous that mean the most.
I am a mother and I love it.



12 comments:
I love this post. You hit the nail on the head.
(although i think some of your text is missing in parts...)
Love you!!
Can't wait for pics of you and Brittany together. I want to SEE!
I love what you wrote. Motherhood is the most special and sacred calling any person can do. You are a great mother! Love you!
You should write a book! Have you ever considered it? About all your craziness, about everything! You put things into such a great perspective, I love it!
You are the best mom ever! I love you and can't wait to see you in the summer!
The part about power suits with spit up cracked me up. One time I showed up to a meeting at work with a bunch of doctors and nurses at the hospital. I was so embarassed when someone pointed out to me that I had a gummy bear vitamin stuck to my sweater! But, it made me smile for days to come because it reminded me that being a mother is the most important job in the world!
Such a great post Kirsten.
And you are a very GOOD mother.
Being a Mother is the MOST IMPORTANT job in the world! I just read this book by Dr. Laura Schlessinger (sp?) called Praise to the Stay at Home Mom. I'm not the biggest Dr. Laura fan because although many times I agree with her, she can just be sooo mean! But I understand where she is coming from a little better after reading this book. Anyhow, its a great book, and affirmed my feelings on Motherhood. I think its sad when we feel like we have to justify the importance of our jobs as moms. Its a different world we're living in these days! It makes me so mad when people don't see the value of our jobs as moms! It is the most important job we'll ever have! Thanks for your post! Hooray for moms! and Hooray for you! You do such a great job! :)
Hey Kirsten that was beautiful! Stick that one in your journal for your kids to read someday. You are doing such a good job. You are a fabulous mother and I have learned so much from you! Love ya.
I'm so happy for this post--mostly because it meant you survived your trip home LOL! It was so wonderful to see you! I wish it could have been for longer! You're the best!
Hey, I am a little late in reading this .. BUT, THANK YOU...
I am having one of those days.. The kind that make you cry and feel bad about yourself as a Mom. Reading this made me feel SO MUCH BETTER!!
I love ya!
your girls are so chunk!! I LOVE IT!! How old are they now? Wow, I feel like i am missing so much being so far away!
Take care,
Wow the twins are looking so big. I am feeling better now, and my goal is to finish and get your pictures done for you. April
Post a Comment