A few months back I was out in my backyard watching the older kiddos swim and the babes were playing on a blanket. As I sat and enjoyed life it hit me, I am living my dream life. I have a fantastic husband, we have 4 beautiful, outstanding kids. I have the opportunity to stay home with my kiddos and for the most part I cherish it : ) We have a beautiful home, a mini van, it’s a cliche I know but I love it. I get to sit on a blanket in my beautiful backyard and watch my kids play. It’s a wonderful life and it’s mine.
Well last week my life got turned upside down. Jonathan found out that the company he works for is moving away and down sizing to as few employees as possible. In the process they no longer need a manager to manage the lack of employees so… In 3 - 6 months Jonathan will be out of a job. Now the first reaction is panic, which I did, I didn’t sleep at all that night. I was very prayerful and felt a sense of comfort come over me. I know that everything is going to be okay. I decided that the best thing I can do is stay positive. I am happy that we have 3 - 6 months to look for another job. I am happy that he has a job through Christmas. It could always be worse.
I was laying in bed the other night and it hit me, take away the beautiful home, the mini van, the beautiful backyard and leave me my Faith and family and guess what, it is still my dream life. Happiness is what I make it. I have 4 healthy, happy kids. I have this incredible husband that loves me. I have a testimony, I know I have a loving Father in Heaven who hears my pleas and answers my prayers. The other stuff is just the cherry on my already delicious sundae. I don’t know what the future will bring. It is looking good for Jonathan and getting another job. We are very grateful for so many things. Of course employment is important. But as far as the big picture goes, it is who we are that matters. It is not the things in life that make us, it is the people in our lives and I feel so blessed because we have such wonderful family and friends. I am so thankful for each of you.
May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human enough hope to make you happy.-- Author Unknown
These pictures have nothing to do with my post. I was in the living room folding laundry and the girls all disappeared, when I went to investigate I found them raiding the fridge. They crack me up and I wanted to share.

Sunday, October 11, 2009
Life
Posted by Kirsten
Labels: family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Your positivity inpsires me. I'll keep you all in my prayers that Jonathan finds a job a great job quickly! xoxoxo!!
PS...the girls are ADORABLE!!!
Wow, Sorry about that. I know that it will work out for you. It always does. But for now it is tough.
But you dont need to hear that, sounds like you have it all together. good for you I am impressed with that.
Awesome attitude my friend! It's so true. We all can learn from your example.
You are such a breath of fresh air, Kirsten!! I love your attitude on life! You always teach me a lesson on how to be happier and have a better attitude about things. Good luck!
thinking of you, dear friend.
Sorry to hear about Jonathan's job. I am sure he will find something better. I'll keep you in my prayers. You amaze me. I love you!
Why can't life be all summer. Life is always better in the summer. Though winter is cold and misereble there is always summer to look forward to. I guess we wouldn't grow if we never had winter seasons in our life. We will keep you in our prayers that he will find a good job there, or maybe here? That would be awsome!Call me when you get a chance. Love ya!
Now I am stalking YOU! Your kids are too cute!!!!
you are wonderful!!!
you are absolutely RIGHT.
Post a Comment