Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Sandy Escape

A few weekends ago we got away and went to the beach, it was wonderful. It was a much needed mini vacation. Ally had the idea,(thank you Ally!!!!), Jonathan took Friday off so we could get away early. It was the best. We rented a darling beach house. The kids Jonathan and I got there Thursday and Mom and Dad, and Ally and Leigh came over Friday. Ian and Em we missed you guys : (
Photobucket
I always enjoy looking at photos and being able to view a glimpse of what is important to the photographer. Daddy with all of his ducklings. I had a moment of heart swelling when I saw the 5 most important people to me running on the beach.
Photobucket
Miss E
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Miss T
Photobucket

Photobucket
After swimming in the ocean, Busy needed to warm up a bit.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Miss T
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
We did puzzles, and played card games while Miss E and Miss T took their nap, it was so much fun. The house we rented also had a air hokey table that the kids LOVED!!! O.k. the grownups loved it too.
Photobucket
Miss E playing with her favorite toy, Aunt Ally's phone.
Photobucket
Miss E wearing Aunt Ally's shoes.
Photobucket
Miss T with her giant goose egg on her forehead. She is a bit dramatic and tends to throw herself on the ground when she gets upset. Sadly she gets a fair share of bumps. It doesn't help that they chuck toys at one another.
Photobucket
Miss E and Miss T
Photobucket
Sunset walk on the beach.
Photobucket
Miss T
Photobucket
P-man's foot prints in the sand.
Photobucket
Daddy and Miss E
Photobucket

Photobucket
Miss T
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Miss T and Miss E
Photobucket

Photobucket
Flying Grandpa's kite. And the paparazzi found us : ) aka Uncle Leigh
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
It was a wonderful weekend.
Side story: That Saturday, mom, Ally and I went to the store while the boys took the kiddos to the beach. While they were there Grandpa found a Glass Float that they hide on the beaches between October and May. Ally and I went hunting for more but didn't have any luck : ( Way to go Grandpa, such a amazing find.

7 comments:

Kim said...

That post makes me want a beach vacation sooo bad! I think pictures on the beach are the best you can get...you caught some pricless pictures of your kiddos and family. I am so glad you all had such a great time!

Dani said...

What great photos! Looks like you all had a wonderful time! Your kids are so cute!

Tia Hopper said...

I'm so jealous they found one! I always want to. Your kids are so stinken' cute! I love the little girls' swimsuits!!!

Liz said...

Wow! you and the celebs have to hide from the paps at the beach huh!?? Was your theme song the Lady Ga ga Paparazzi? haha. LOVE the beach pictures. Makes me want to go.

Eryn said...

Cool pics, Kirsten! You guys always seem to get really good weather at the coast. Let's set a date to go camping! Love ya!

Radke said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful time at the beach. Always a great get away and relaxing. Love the pics. Though I didn't see any of you. You should step out from behind the camera sometimes, girlie:)

Kristen Moss said...

so fun, I want to go!