Sunday, May 23, 2010

What Have We Been Up To??

P-man

PhotobucketHe is just about to finish up kindergarten. Seems like I was just posting first day of school pictures. He has grown so much this year and it amazes me. I am is awe of how smart he is, always. He is testing in reading above a first grade level and is in the advanced math group at school. He also is a major procrastinator, what can I say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I was listening to his teacher at parent teacher conferences and all I could think is "he's my easy child" and "what is it going to be like when Busy gets to school," scary. But his teacher loves him, and her only complaint is that he waits till the last 2 minutes to get his work done. He recently had a jog-a-thon at school and ran over 3 miles in a half hour.
Photobucket

PhotobucketI told him he was a rock star and he gave a big sigh and said "I know mom." Lack of self esteem is not a problem. He has made some wonderful friends in school this year. We have them over for play dates, it seems we always have a few extra kids around. Ty down the street is still his best friend though, he would want me to make that clear.
Funny story: Leigh and Ally were over baby sitting last week. They were all sitting at the table eating dinner and Busy announced that she needed to go potty. So off she went and everyone continued eating. A few minutes later she yells at Ally that she needs her to wipe her. Ally tells her she can do it herself, Busy says no and they go back and forth a few times. Finally Preston puts his fork down and says "gosh, do I have to do everything around here?" He then got up from the table.

Busy aka Diva


Photobucket
What to do with our Busy bell, she really is the most wonderful little girl, but also the cause of daily frustration. I sometimes feel like we (Busy and Mommy) should put on punching gloves. Not that we beat each other up, don't go call CSD on me : ). I mean: I admit that I can be a bit head strong (hmm hmm) But Busy is a dig her heels in my way or no way, and the two of us together well... I know what you are all thinking, just wait till she gets to be a teenager, yes I am aware these are the easy, good days, that I will look back upon and wish I was dealing with a toddler tantrum and not a teenage tantrum. However I worry even more because she really is 4 going on 14.
Photobucket
And onto the most wonderful little girl, she is singing up a storm, she really belts it out and makes up the most wonderful songs. She has such a thirst for knowledge and really wants to know what everyone is doing and why at all times. She loves to play outside for hours at a time, and is such a kind big sister (most of the time), and loves to play mommy. She is always pretending and we couldn't ask for a more wonderful Busy.

Miss E
Photobucket
We really can't get over what a cutie pie she is. Her favorite words and phrases are "here you go, ut-oh, thank you, dada, mama, gran-paaa, Wee (Leigh), and Ahh-eee (Ally). She is a outside monster, that is the first thing she wants to do after breakfast, and she expects her breakfast to be served to her promply after getting up in the morning, otherwise she gets a bit testy. She LOVES shoes and you will find her trying to put on anyone and everyone's shoes. She is very independent and prefers dada over mama when she gets hurt or wants to cuddled or be carried. If Grandpa is around he comes in second to dada. : )
Photobucket

Miss T
Photobucket
She is either happy, if she is getting exactly what she wants, or she is pathetic and throws herself down on the floor in agony as her little heart has been broken because she didn't get exactly what she wanted. Which she doesn't really know what she wants most of the time. : ) Like Eva she is talking up a storm and says the same words and phrases, the only one to add is she can say her own name. She is darling and loves to be pretty, she is always putting hats, jewelry, head bands, and dress up shoes on.

Photobucket
She is always making the funniest faces, and also really loves to be outside. The picture above I walked into the kitchen, the girls were set up and eating breakfast and Miss T and found a head band and put it on. I had to take a pic, so cute.

The big news in both of their lives is that they are 18 months and now old enough for nursery at church. Last Sunday was their first time, and they both did pretty well. It is a hard time for Miss E and Miss T because it is smack in the middle of their nap time. But for 2 tired girls, they did great.
Photobucket
Getting ready to go in, don't they look happy?? : )
Photobucket
Snack time, food is the way to my kids hearts : )
Photobucket

Photobucket
Sharing
Photobucket
Photobucket

Jonathan


Photobucket
Is working really hard for our family. I am always thankful for all that he does. He is enjoying the new company that he has been with since December, and we are very thankful for the job. His office is closer to us now, so we stop by and see him and he gets to come home for lunch, which we all really enjoy. We love daddy!!!!

Kirsten

Just shy of 4 years, I along with our entire ward Relief Society Presidency at church were released. It is a bitter sweet feeling, I have loved serving as the second counselor. It has been a wonderful opportunity to serve and grow spiritually. I couldn't have asked for 3 better sisters to serve with. They are all so amazing and I love them all dearly. A lot has happened in the past 4 years between us all. 2 moves, fortunately still within the ward boundaries. 3 babies, 4 grand kids, job loss, job found, job loss, husband being baptized, family being sealed, injured husband, what 10 times LOL I'm sure there is more but wow!!!
However I am excited for change and to serve and grow in other places. They called me to Sunday school and I am teaching 16 of the most wonderful 14 and 15 year old's. I'm so excited for this calling and to work with these wonderful youth. I also am enjoying a Sunday calling, meaning I don't have a lot of meetings during the week to attend.
Other than this big change all is well, I'm still getting up at 5:00 am to work out, but I've changed up my work out in hopes that it will get me better results. Also mom, Ally and I have cut out eating all white stuff, meaning refined carbs like sugar, white flour, white pasta and white rice. It has been great, I have a lot more energy and the scale is showing a weight loss of 8 lbs.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Margaret said...

I loved the update on your cute family.

Eryn said...

Cute cute! I love how happy you look in the pic with the twins going to nursery! I can't wait for that day! Love ya!

Ging said...

Thank you for sharing. I am inspired to grow and see and be more.

Radke said...

Great pictures. I can't believe how big they are all getting, such cuties! Congratulations on your new calling, I know you will do a wonderful job!

The Cottle Family said...

Thanks for sharing your update, I really enjoyed reading about what you and each of your family members are up to. We need to get together again sometime and catch up.

April