Well maybe I'm being a bit dramatic... But really it was awful. I had sever tooth pain starting Wednesday, it wasn't horrible, Thursday I was feeling it, Thursday night I couldn't bare it, Friday I was really bad, Saturday I couldn't talk, Sunday I felt better but slept most of the day and this morning I woke up feeling SO MUCH BETTER!!! Finally my antibiotics were kicking in. I broke a molar a couple weeks ago and went to the dentist to have it looked at. It wasn't bothering me at all until after I went to the dentist, isn't that life?? I scheduled my root canal for today and boy am I feeling better.
Friday my mother-in-law totally rocked and took the kids while Jonathan was at work. Jonathan has been super dad the past few days. My dad was the best ever and went to pick up the pain meds, my antibiotics and oops my birth control for me, best dad ever!! My mom was my hero for going to the store for me on Saturday and bringing us dinner that night. My mommy-in-law was a rock star for bringing in dinner on Sunday, Melissa was the best ever for watching my kiddos while I went and had the root canal and bringing me soup Friday, and my sister-in-law Becky was a rock star and my hero for bringing dinner tonight for the family and going the extra mile and bringing me yogurt and pudding which is all I've been able to eat the past few days. I really did wake up this morning and looked in the mirror thinking I would be a size 6, but no such luck : ) And thanks Rachel for helping me stalk our dentist, you're the best. But holy cow I was feeling the love this weekend, as I always do, I have some pretty amazing people in my life.
But this post isn't all about some of the rock stars in my life, it has been so awesome to hear all of Jonathan's comments the past few days, for example "these kids are driving me nuts" I've never said that LOL. When I returned home from a weekend away a couple months ago, he began to explain to me that if I just did the dishes after each meal we wouldn't have a pile in the sink, I just smiled and nodded and rolled my eyes on the inside. This is true in theory, but when you prepare 3 meals a day and run the dish washer twice a day it does get piled up which he doesn't understand. So I brought this up today, poking fun at him a bit and the 2 loads of dishes to be washed and he says to me "hey at least they;re all alive and fed." Now that's what I'm talking about. Amen brother!!! I mean really isn't that where we're at in our lives?? At least I am, the house is always messy, and maybe doesn't always look like 4 tornadoes just came through but at least 1 or 2, But even if there is a pile of dishes in my sink I know the kids are taken care of, fed, happy and yes they're alive. So who doesn't feel this way when they have 4 little kids?? I know I'm not alone and I'm grateful that Jonathan who is such a awesome hubby and dad has had a better understanding of my life. Life lesson learned: Always have major pain meds on hand for tooth ache emergencies, and enjoy your kids because they won't be small forever but there will always be dishes to be done.
Monday, January 24, 2011
I'm Alive... Really it was touch a go there...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I feel that way and I only have one kid! What a great post. Glad you are feeling better! Love ya!
So true! Kids are only little for so long. We've got to enjoy them and not worry so much about the unimportant details (like dishes!)! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Toothaches are the worst : (
My husband is the same way. Great, but doesn't quite understand why I can't get anything done in a day! :) When we first had Tenley he helped a lot and realized why it was so hard and said the magic words I've been waiting and waiting for: "I could never be a stay-at-home dad." I know, I know! Oh, the reason for this comment was to tell you that your new picture on the top of the blog is adorable and you look GORGEOUS! No joke! The first time I opened your blog after it changed I was like, "Wow, Kirsten looks so pretty!" I mean you always do... it just highlight it here! :)
Root canal! Oh my dear girl. That must have been awful. And you're right about enjoying the kids while they are little...are try to remember that at least at some point each day. :)
Post a Comment