Tuesday, August 2, 2011

We Went To See Aunties and Uncles, Part 1

In April we went to visit both my brothers and sister-in-laws. We had 3 reason's for this trip. Emily was having her photography exhibit on display and we wanted to see it. Ally and Leigh were pregnant with twin girls and I just happen to have some twin girl stuff to pass onto them, so I loaded as much as I could fit into my van. And we wanted to see them, because it isn't the same with them gone. We stopped in Nampa to see our great friends on the way there and back and I didn't take a single picture because I am super lame. But it was awesome to see our amazing friends and I miss them so much.
I did however get a few shots of the kids in the car. This is what happens when you give your child markers to color with and loads of snacks.

Photobucket
This is what the other child looks like sho didn't have markers to keep her occupied.
Photobucket
Photobucket

First Stop: Rexburg to see Tio Ian and Aunt Emily

Shortly after we arrived Em had to go to class so we checked into our hotel and went to get lunch. I was super excited to discover that there was a Arctic Circle, since we don't have one where we live now, but had one when we lived in ID.

Photobucket

Photobucket
True at other Arctic Circles I've been too. Not the case with the one in Rexburg, it was a huge let down and no one finished their food. Oh well!!!
Photobucket
But it had a play place and since it was raining the kids got to run around and play.


Photobucket
Ignore the messy face please.
Photobucket
The ice cream was good : )
Photobucket
Had to take a picture of Miss E's head and the fact that she colored all over her body. The markers claim to be washable, but it took 2 days of swimming multiple times and a couple bath to finally come off.
Photobucket
Speaking of swimming...

Photobucket

Photobucket
We did a lot of it.
Photobucket



Photobucket
Miss T enjoying some breakfast in bed, complainants of Grandpa. The hotel we stayed at, had a amazing continential breakfast.
Photobucket
Tio Ian
Photobucket
Grandpa and Miss E. Oh did I mention that Grandpa is a rock star and came with me?? Jonathan had to work so Grandpa was a champ and went on our awesome road trip.
Photobucket

Emily's Exhibit

Photobucket

Photobucket
Touring BYU-I
We walked all over campus. P-man was super excited to see the giant fish tank. He loves fish tanks.
Photobucket
So Emily and Ian tell us they are taking us to the stuffed animal room. I think this is a odd thing to have on campus, but maybe some professor has a teddy bear collection or something.
Photobucket
Oh those type of stuffed animals. The kids loved it. They're still talking about it.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Busy's photography work.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ready for a magic trick??
Photobucket
Now you see him...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Nope he's real. The kids thought he was the coolest thing, and have been asking for a pet parrot ever since.
Photobucket
We went to the new rec center.
Ran a couple laps on the inside track.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Played some basketball
Photobucket
Checking out Em's Exhibit one last time.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Big girl on campus, Miss T.

Photobucket
We had such a great time visiting Ian and Em, and were so sad to say goodbye.

3 comments:

Radke said...

Looks like you had a great time. So hard to have your brothers living so far away from you now. Any pics from seeing Leigh and Ally?

Adam Stephanie KaileeJo Taydom and Hadley said...

Some how you missed Pocatello :(

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh! These make me miss Idaho! :) Love all the pictures!